Standing within the private Country Estate of that impressive Edwardian mansion 'Manderston' (2 miles), Johnsfield is a delightful, detached stone cottage with a large and beautiful garden ( barbecue, children's swing, garden furniture, orchard), safe for playing in, and with roses around the door.
The cottage is attractively furnished and equipped, making it an ideal and snug hideaway, modest, but roomy and comfortable at all times of the year. Visitors come back year after year and most will be very reluctant to leave.
The historic town of Berwick-on-Tweed and the fine, sandy beaches of the east coast are only 13 miles away. A little further down there are dramatic castles and Lindisfarne (Holy Island) to discover. Edinburgh is an hour's drive away, the Northumberland National Park is on your doorstep, not to mention the beautiful landscape of the Scottish Borders with its many attractions in the form of stately homes, keeps and castle to visit, excellent walking, mountain biking, golfing, riding – the list goes on.
Heating by gas-central heating (included) and open-fire (one basket of logs included). Bed-linen and towels available for hire. Pets welcome. There is a telephone for incoming calls. Smoking is not permitted in the cottage. Wi-Fi access is available, subject to provider.
Accommodation (sleeps 6):
- Snug sitting-room with log-fire, TV and Video.
- Large open-plan kitchen/dining-room with gas-fired Aga cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher etc. This room extends into a large play/sitting room with games, books, TV/DVD, mini Hi-Fi and piano.
- Bedroom with twin beds and en-suite bath/shower, WC and basin.
- 2nd WC and basin.
- Utility room in outhouse with washing-machine and tumble drier.
- Double-bed room.
- Twin-bed room.
- Bathroom with bath, WC & basin.