Self catering rental accommodation
just off the Royal Mile in the centre of Edinburgh.
Visit Scotland awarded ****
Free wireless broadband internet access. Sleeping up to 4.
6 St Giles Street
The Royal Mile
This 3rd floor apartment in a small street opposite medieval St Giles Cathedral, just off the Royal Mile is remarkably quiet for being in the very centre of Edinburgh.
The apartment has a twin bedroom and a sofa bed in the Drawing Room, and so can accommodate 2 to 4 people. It has been modernised to a high standard, brightly decorated and made comfortable by Lorraine and Charles Stewart who have 2 other flats, within 150 yards of this one. So if you are a large family or group travelling together you could consider these as well: 35 Cockburn Street and 227 High Street, and another two near the Grassmarket: 87a West Bow and 112 West Bow. The map at the bottom of this page locates them all.
St Giles Street is surrounded by lots of restaurants and pubs. Edinburgh's best museums and galleries are nearby and the apartment is just 5 minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle.
Twin iron and brass beds. Large built in wardrobe with full size mirrored doors and Television.
Steel bath with a power shower above, basin and wc. Auxilliary speakers from the CD player so you can enjoy relaxing music in the bath...
Two windows look over the High Court opposite, and the wonderful green dome and gilded statue on top of the Bank of Scotland. Down St Giles Street you can see the Royal Mile one way and to Princes Street Gardens the other.
This is a good place from which to watch the life on the streets below.
- Two sofas, one of which converts into a comfortable double bed.
- Widescreen Television/video/DVD unit with digital channels.
- CD/radio/tape player and a selection of media.
- Modem point.
- Victorian marble fireplace with electric coal effect fire.
The Kitchen/Dining Room
The Kitchen/Dining area has a built-in window seat and, like the drawing room, looks over St Giles Street with side views across to Princes Street and the Royal Mile.
- Electric hob/oven, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave oven.
- Pine table with seating for four.
- Dresser with a radio/CD player and a table containing Telephone/fax machine.
- Wall-mounted Television providing internet access.
The Entrance Hall has a window with spectacular views over some ruins of old Edinburgh tenements dating from the 1500's towards the Forth and Fife on the horizon.
- All towels and bed linen are included with the flat and there is no extra charge for heating, hot water, or electricity.
- Ironing facilities, hairdryer, and electric shaver point in the bathroom.
- An arrival pack of essential groceries are included.
- Access to the flat is a few yards off the Royal Mile through a communal stair with entryphone.
- A selection of tourist information and books are in the flat.
- Two hour metered parking is outside. Longer term parking five minutes walk away.
- Main railway station 5 minutes walk.
- No smoking in the apartment, and no pets please.
Please e-mail for Short Break prices outwith peak season.
- Towels, bed-linen, heating, electricity, gas and starter food pack are included in the rental.
- The telephone is open line with credit card authority and there is free wireless broadband internet access.
- No pets are allowed and the property is non-smoking.
Prices, booking and availability are online at Charles and Lorrain's website 6 St Giles Street Royal Mile
To enquire or to book:
Please visit the Stewart's website
6 St Giles Street Royal Mile
Lorraine and Charles Stewart
Melrose, TD6 0RP
Tel: 018358 23248
or Tel: 44 1835 823248
Tel: 44 01835 823084 from outside the UK
Please mention to the Stewarts
you found No. 6 through
Map of the centre of Edinburgh:
Showing Lorraine and Charles's other rental apartments: