Self-catering rental accommodation sleeping 4
A cottage in the woods above the River Findhorn near Inverness
Balintore Cottage (left) is a traditional stone-built cottage on the edge of a pine forest (above right), about 300m to the west of the B9007 just before the entrance to Glenferness House.
It is surrounded by trees on three sides and on the other side looks out over a field with a view towards the hills. The road is out of sight and the situation is very private.
There is a track which leads past the cottage and down towards the River Findhorn. It follows the line of the Drumlochan Burn which has a series of very attractive waterfalls (right) and would be an ideal and very private picnic spot.
Summary of accommodation:
- Small entrance porch with enough room to hang coats and leave boots.
- Sitting room, double height to the eves and has a balcony overlooking it from the attic.
- Log burning stove, a sofa bed, armchairs and a television.
- Ground floor main bedroom with a 5ft double bed and next to it the bathroom with a shower as well as a bath.
- Kitchen with 3 windows and glass patio doors so it is light and airy.
- Electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Table and chairs for 4 people.
- Upstairs there is a very light but rather low attic room with two futon-style chairs/beds.
- There is no telephone but mobiles do work in the vicinity of the cottage.
- Balintore has internet access.
- Central heating.
Upstairs gallery seen from the sitting room.
The sitting room has a double height cieling, and comfortable chairs and sofa.
Log burning stove.
Balintore now has a TV that has a signal, DVD player and CD player.
The attic room is behind the gallery in the photograph further up this page, and is accessible by a small staircase. It has two futon beds or seats.
Downstairs bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and wc.
Downstairs double bedroom with 5ft wide bed.
The kitchen has an electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. Behind the dining table double doors open onto lawn, then an open field surrounded by pine woods.
Summer tariff: £450 per week.
Winter Tariff: £380 per week.
Short breaks also available.
The cottage can accommodate a maximum of 4 people.
The rental price also allows you to visit the gardens at Glenferness House and use all the river walks on the estate.
There is also a squash court beside the Wooden House. This can be booked at no extra cost.
- Electricity and wood for the wood-burning stove.
- Bedlinen and towels.
Drumlochan Burn, below the waterfall.
To enquire or to book:
Tel/Fax: 01309 651202
or from outside the UK:
Tel/Fax: 44 1309 651202
Please tell Julie you found Balintore Cottage through About Scotland!